Style: 25C - Belgian Golden Strong, 34A - Clone Beer (Duvel)
I brewed this back in June and after a long time in the keg it hit its stride around 2 months later. I have since brewed a "Tripel Hop" version which I left in the fermenter a full month before kegging with better results.
Full recipe on Brewer's Friend, here's the TL;DR:
- Brew day: 2017-6-18
- 24L batch, BIAB
- Fermentables: 6 kg Pilsner (90%), 670g sugar (10%)
- Hops: 20g Magnum FWH, 60g Saphir 5 min
- Yeast: Wyeast 1388 - Belgian Strong
- mashed at 68.5 C for 60 min
- OG 1.072, FG 1.009, ABV 8.3%
This was one of the first brews where I got to use our new pot filler:
Chilling with the pot filler. Much nicer than running the garden hose in from outside.
Into the fermenter